Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Me at the Shooting Range?

P.S. I love it! I know, I know... its sounds a bit scary but boy is it fun! My Dad is a man of hobbies: scuba diving, flying his own personal plane, camping and now fire arm competitions. My Dad was in the National Guard for years, so besides going with just "Dad", I was going with a trained professional and had full confidence in our safety.
I love how my Dad goes all out with body shaped cardboard cutouts and obstacle scenarios. For me, the gun of choice was a Kimber 1911 Grand Raptor II shop with a 22 cal. conversion kit (yeah, I had to ask my Dad about that). I was quite impressed with myself. I believe I only missed once or twice out of 100 rounds. We tried to evaluate my bulls eye percentage and it figured it was about 40%. But either way, I hit the body regardless, so basically.... WATCH OUT BOOGIE MAN. Blondie can defend for herself :)
Dad in his cowboy pistol get-up

Stapling the cardboard cutouts to the shooting blocks

An old passed down riffle


Having a Blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment