Monday, May 10, 2010

A Month Full of Events!

Oh my goodness I can't believe I haven't written in over a month! So this post will be a recap of April's events and weekends (sorry its so long!)

March

Mayfaire's Easter Event was tremendously successful! Our retailers saw a 20% increase in sales! What more could we ask for?! And yes, the Easter Bunny costume finally came in... one day before the Bunny visits started..talk about stressful. But the wait was worth it becuase he was adorable!

April
With all the Azalea Festival Activities going on in Wilmington, we were lucky to get the Budweiser Clydesdales and Miss USA, Kristin Dalton, at Mayfaire.
I absolutely love horses, so seeing 8 huge Clydesdales up close was a dream come true! They were so beautiful! I had the opportunity to not only pet the horses but ride in the official beer wagon... a once in a lifetime moment!


And continuing with once in a lifetime, shopping with Miss USA wasn't too bad either. She was super sweet and a lot of fun!


This fun filled weekend in April also included my cousins wedding. Derek and I were lucky to have my family stay with us for the weekend, so we hosted a family cook-out game night Friday and of course enjoyed the wedding on Saturday.

Me with my little cousin, Cooper Meadlock.

I caught the bouquet!!!!! (now there's no excuses D :)

I love Sparklers!

And last my not least, Derek turned 27 on April 18th! And of course...we had a party (so not surprising... we are always hosting a party!). The day was filled with flag football, 1 lap around "The Loop", a walk on the beach, Bojangles (yum!) and afternoon cocktails!



Oh!!!!!!!!! And I got my 3-wheeler! My step dad, Trip, built me a 3-wheeler basically from scratch! It is so awesome! Now Derek and I can just ride our bikes to the beach and carry beach chairs, a cooler, the umbrella... almost anything in the "Blondie" beach bike! Thank you Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment