Monday, May 10, 2010

Mint Juleps Anyone?

Just the name alone makes me happy! I am a true southern whiskey girl... and I love Mint Juleps! May 1st, 2010 was The Junior League of Wilmington's 2nd annual Mint Julep Jubilee at Poplar Grove Plantation. Derek and I attended last year and had a blast, so we recruited a gang this year! We enjoyed an absolute beautiful Saturday afternoon of cocktails, boccie ball, corn hole, ladder golf, a silent auction and of course... the Kentucky Derby! Unfortunately, our horse didn't win, but the hoot-n-hollering was still a lot of fun. And what could be better than ladies and gents in their best dressed and southern hats!? I love everything about this event and I'm so looking forward to next year! Great job MJJ committee members!

Me and Lindsey Suggs! Love the hat!

Derek and I betting on our horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment